Why reading and writing is the road to happiness...


This blog started years ago as a place to muse on the life projects keeping me entertained. It is no surprise then that it has morphed into a blog about my reading as that has been my lifelong project. Here I review lots of different types of books, with an added focus on Australian women writers. Hope you enjoy - feel free to contribute to the conversation!

Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day Classic 2012 - Running!

Another Mother's Day Classic running in my friend Chris' team - Hostplus - one of the sponsors of the day. Last year I was 5 months pregnant and shambled along the 8km walk with my mum but this year I was back to running. When I call it running, I really mean shuffling - J literally pushed me up the small incline at the Domain past the Art Gallery, so that I finished the 4km without stopping. It felt good to be running again, even if it was only for the short race - and even if we had to dodge and weave between all the kids doing the 4km. It was like human Tetris. But as usual the day struck me as a good reminder of what's important in life - family, friends and good health - as we read the messages on the back of other runners / walkers who have lost a family member or have survived breast cancer. Such an insidious disease, but days like this raise a lot of mmoney for research so my family and friends are more than happy to support it. So - we did the 4km in 22, 23 minutes? Something like that. Not bad for two tired parents who haven't been running much lately...

Thanks Hostplus for having us again!


No comments:

Post a Comment